CHAIRED BY: Roderick Hubbard, Senior Fellow, Vernalis Research Ltd and Darren Green, Director of Molecular Design, GSK
SMi is proud to present its 3rd Annual Drug Discovery Chemistry event, taking place on the 18th-19th March 2019.
The fight to optimise the drug discovery process is on as there is currently a reduced output of new medicines within the market, however, demand for novel drugs is still steadily increasing.
This year’s event will specifically focus on innovations within the field that has the potential to drive the pharmaceutical industry into a new era of medicines, with optimization of the R&D process to become cheaper, faster and increasing the likelihood of drug efficacy and success. These are some of the major obstacles within drug discovery at present, as the process is overall long, expensive and often potential drugs will fail late in clinical trials, wasting resources and time.
The event will also focus on novel techniques that can be implemented within the field today that can identify new druggable targets and possibly open new therapeutic areas within the clinic. This could offer opportunities for pharmaceutical companies to produce medicines for diseases and ailments that have previously not been targeted, and likewise, offer new drug targets for existing diseases that could potentially offer better clinical outcomes, such as within the development of cancer drugs.
Drug Discovery Chemistry 2019 will look at various developments within the field, guiding companies on how they can best utilize the newest technologies and drug discovery modalities to develop new medicines, reduce their R&D cost and timelines, and ultimately, increase their medicine output for commercial success.
Event Hashtag: #SMiDrugDisChem
KEY SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
* Vivek Vishnudas, Senior Vice President Drug discovery & Platform Sciences, Berg LLC
* Tobias Gabriel, Global Head of Discovery Chemistry, Novartis
* Govinda Bhisetti, Principal Investigator and Head of Computational Chemistry, Biogen
* Hasane Ratni, Expert Scientist, F Hoffmann-La Roche
* Alexander Hillisch, Director of Medicinal Chemistry, Bayer
KEY TOPICS FOR 2018 INCLUDE:
* Discuss the impact of the use of novel computational techniques on R&D pipelines
* Hear about the progress in the development of new drugs on difficult targets and how these can revolutionise patient treatment
* Discover how AI is being utilised in the commercial setting and opportunities to best exploit these to streamline the Drug Discovery Process
* Explore the potential of new modalities to transform therapeutics
* Learn about current strategies to increase drug discovery success
Post conference workshop on 20 March 2019
Artificial Intelligence in Drug Discovery
Led by: Nick Camp, Consultant
View the full agenda: http://www.drug-discovery.co.uk/pharmanewsHQwb
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
CEOs, Presidents, Vice Presidents and Global Heads, Executive Directors, Vice President & Global head, Principal Scientists, Heads of Business Development, Directors of Pharma/Biotech firms.
* BOOK BY 30 NOVEMBER AND SAVE £400
* BOOK BY 15 DECEMBER AND SAVE £200
* BOOK BY 31 JANUARY AND SAVE £100
© 2018 PHARMA NEWS HQ, All rights reserved
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.