SMi Reports: Four interactive sessions will take place at the inaugural Respiratory Drug Delivery conference to be held on the 6th December in London.
SMi is pleased to provide attendees with the opportunity to take part in over five hours of interactive sessions as part of the two-day conference. The interactive sessions will focus on novel routes of drug distribution and long-term solutions to dealing with the needs of patients.
The inaugural conference is part of SMi’s newly branded Asthma and COPD series and will bring together clinical researchers, respiratory drug manufacturers and solution providers to present and discuss the latest developments in respiratory drug delivery.
More details can be found here: www.respiratorydrugdelivery.com/pharmahqpr6
Interactive Session 1: “Novel Approaches to characterise Aerosol Dynamics”
- Introductory overview and case studies highlighting the reality of different characterisation approaches
- Assessing Drug Delivery methods, discussing mechanisms and dynamic breakup
- Reviewing the effects of the lung environment, including heat and relative humidity and why do dynamics matter in drug delivery?
Dr David Lewis, Aerosil Science Director Drug Delivery Technologies, Chiesi
Interactive Session 2: “Digital Enablement: could remote photoplethysmograpy be key to patient monitoring compliance?”
- Assessing the ability for remote photoplethysmographic (rPPG) technologies to solve the challenges of compliance in patient self-monitoring
- Reviewing the value of such technologies in predicting and preventing respiratory exacerbations
- Considering the barriers to adoption of mass rPPG monitoring
Laurence Pearce, Founder and CEO, Xim Ltd.
Interactive Session 3: “Respiratory drug delivery: what may the future hold?”
- Setting the scene for how intelligent drug delivery can transform the field of respiration and assessing the emerging technologies landscape for improved respiratory drug delivery
- Discussion on benefits and challenges of nasal route for drug administration
Mayur Patel, Leading innovative medical and combination product development, PA Consulting
Interactive Session 4: Device Discovery: How relevant is a device to the patient
- Introduction to device discovery
- Open discussion on real world studies and feedback on hurdles
- Reviewing the operational challenges of RWS
- Assessing what the data challenges are once a study is up and running
Abid Raza, Respiratory Medicine, Independent Medical Expert
Registrations for the conference can be made online atwww.respiratorydrugdelivery.com/pharmahqpr6Register by the 31st October to save £100 off the conference price.
Respiratory Drug Delivery
5th – 6th December 2019
Copthorne Tara Hotel, London, UK
For delegate enquiries please contact Hakam Panum on +44 (0) 20 7827 6128 or email@example.com
For sponsorship enquiries please contact Alia Malick on +44 (0) 207 827 6168 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk